The Mountain Empire Beekeepers Association, located in the beautiful mountains of Southwestern Virginia, was created in 1980 by a small, loosely knit group of beekeepers. We are headquartered in the town of Wytheville, Virginia where Interstates of I-81 and I-77 intersect. We began in 1980 with about twenty members and have grown to over one hundred members. Our membership represents the counties of Wythe, Carroll, Grayson, Bland, Smyth, Pulaski, and Washington.
The objectives of our organization are to promote and support:
- an understanding of and solutions to the common apiculture problems of the Association members;
- apiculture education and the use of more productive methods of beekeeping;
- the development of both the scientific and practical aspects of apiculture;
- good relations with other organizations which share a common interest in apiculture;
Regular meetings are usually held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm at Wytheville Community College, Carroll Hall room 118. Click here for a campus map.
Our next meeting will be on March 27th, 2014. Please note, as per college regulations there will be no food or beverages allowed in the classroom. Refreshments will be served in the hallway.
* If you are a current member of MEBA, be sure to add the club to your Facebook for updates: MEBA Facebook
For more information about Mt. Empire Beekeeper’s Association contact the association secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org